The Institute of Certified Investment and Financial Analysts (ICIFA) of Kenya has announced a 3-day workshop on Alternative Investments with a focus on crypto-currencies and forex online trading.
The workshop will be held from May 22nd – 24th, 2018 at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies.
The Need for Education Among Experts in Kenya
According to Job Kihumba, Chairman of ICIFA:
“It is important that we have a clear industry guideline on these issues so that our members can be able to advise investors and also offer a lead in legislation and policy formulation in these subjects.”
The workshop targets experts in the financial and investment space in Kenya including:
- Investment officers
- Forex online traders
- Fund managers
- Private equity practitioners
- Trainers and financial educationists
- Money managers
- Sacco and Microfinance investment managers
- Retirement benefit managers
- Corporations, including state-owned enterprises and County governments with Treasury departments
- Stockbrokers and investment bankers
- Corporate and trustee departments of commercial banks
- Financial market regulators
- Market operators such as the securities exchanges and central depositories
- Financial and investment consultants
According to ICIFA, the workshop will help participants get exposed and understand the wide choices that exist outside the established investment asset classes. They will also learn how to optimize investment risk and return outcomes for the benefit of investors and investment managers when dealing in these new asset classes.
The workshop is also expected to help facilitators and participants have an opportunity to explore what roles alternative investments can play in the enhancement of investment return and risk investment.
To register for the event: http://bit.ly/2rrRdLa
ICIFA was created in 2015 by an Act of Parliament. It was formed to promote professionalism among investment and financial analysts