The Afro-Asia Fintech Festival, the first of its kind in Kenya, takes place on July 15 – 16, 2019, in Nairobi, Kenya, and will feature prominent leaders including H.E. President Uhuru Kenyatta and the CBK Governor, Patrick Njoroge.
This is a first of its kind festival co-hosted by the Central Bank of Kenya and the Monetary Authority of Singapore bringing together participants who include visionary speakers and icons drawn from Africa and Asia to forge partnerships and nurture thriving FinTech ecosystems.
The event is packed with keynote speakers from various fintech and financial institutions, both in Kenya and outside, and interesting panels from industry thought leaders and players.
Some of the notable speakers and panel discussions include:
- Fintech Hard Talk featuring Gituku Kirika, Director, Digital Payments, SSA, MasterCard
- Blockchain in Africa – Opportunities, challenges, and regulatory assessment in Africa
- Africa-Asia fintech opportunities in mobile payments feat Wilfred Musau, CEO, National Bank of Kenya
- Transforming Africa through mobile financial services feat Olugbenga Agboola, Co-Founder & CEO, Flutterwave and Divine Muragijimana, Chief of Brand, Cellulant.
- Africa and Asia coming together in fintech opportunities feat President Kenyatta.
- Signing of MoU between the Central Bank of Kenya and the Monetary Authority of Singapore
- The Future of Banking: Fintech as a Vendor feat Bitange Ndemo
- Unlocking the value of digital lending through credit information sharing feat Billy Owino, CEO, TransUnion CRB, Sa Omukoko, Sam Omukoko, Group CEO, Metropol CRB, Nancy Kinyanjui, Head, Products and Analytics, CreditInfo CRB, Robert Masinde, Chairman, Digital Lenders Association of Kenya
- The regulation of legal technology in Africa feat Baker Mckenzie
- Digital currencies in the African context: Benefits and Challenges feat Anca Rusu, Partnerships, Policy, and Advocacy, Celo
- Winning models for emerging fintech ecosystems
- Building a thriving ecosystem for fintech feat Tamara Cook, CEO, FSD Kenya
- Fireside chat on digital economies with smart cities and digital identity feat Joe Mucheru, Cabinet Secretary, ICT