For the 5th year in a row, the Seamless East Africa Conference is back again to Nairobi, Kenya. This year, the event will feature five exclusive sessions on the emerging crypto revolution and the growing adoption of blockchain technology.
The Seamless East Africa Conference on Fintech and Banking attracts over 1,500 attendees and over 150 speakers during the 3-day event.
The conference attracts a senior strategic level audience from across the entire financial services landscape. These are leaders looking to discover the next innovations for their business and make connections.
Five sessions have been slotted during the conference to cover blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. These sessions include:
Revolutionizing Banking Infrastructure with Cryptocurrencies
- Looking toward cryptocurrencies as a new legal tender
- Decentralizing the entire ecosystem with blockchain
- Discovering the role of incumbents and the central bank with a decentralized ledger
- Discussing cross industry uses of blockchain technology
- Re-inventing the economy and DLT and multiple shared parallel blockchains, each with a different core use
Accelerating Payments with Blockchain
- Realigning the global financial bubble and pressuring incumbents to either pioneer or perish
- Eliminating the middlemen and intermediaries to remove complications, delay and cost
- Conducting payments between B2B and B2C customers
- Decentralizing payments with a transparent, cheap, safe, seamless and fast process
- Reducing fraud with effective blockchain technology
Regulating the Unparalleled Explosion in Cryptocurrencies
- Looking towards cryptocurrencies as a new legal tender
- Anticipating the coins of the future
- Pressuring the traditional players: should banks be investing?
- Discovering the bitcoin growth: was this hype or true value?
- Debating the plunge of cryptocurrencies, IMF call for regulation and global government worries
PANEL SESSION: Embracing Blockchain, Don’t Be Left Behind
- Developing inter-operable systems to support blockchain
- Securing systems with blockchain technology
- Creating an opt-in, inter-operable network
- Building relationships with regulators ready to implement blockchain
- Exploring the use cases e.g. smart contracts, lending, eKYC, loans, insurance etc.
- Overcoming the obstacles:
Moderator: Christian Kakoba, Co-Founder & Community Manager, Bithub Africa
Accelerating Financial Inclusion with Blockchain Technology
- Bringing billions of people into the financial system swiftly and securely with blockchain
- Is this a prerequisite for true financial inclusion?
- Overcoming the problems with KYC and authentication in emerging markets
- Aiding financial inclusion through virtual currencies
Moderator: Suleiman Murunga, CEO & Co-Founder, CoinPesa
Exhibitors and media partners in the crypto and blockchain space attending the event include:
- BitMari – A crypto remittance service based in Zimbabwe
- Bithub Africa – A blockchain accelerator hub out of Kenya
- Demars – Fintech startup building on the Stellar blockchain
- FinDec – A swedish media hub covering fintech, insuretech and blocktech
- KuBitX – An African crypto exchange based out of Ghana
- CoinPedia – A crypto media publishing firm
Below are the details for the 2019 Seamless Conference event:
DATE: 2-4 September, 2019
VENUE: Radisson Blu Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya
Like our content? Please support our work by tipping us.