20 startups have been selected as part of the 5th edition of Google for Startups Accelerator Africa Program.
One of the startups is a Tunisian blockchain-based fintech called Kaoum.
Formerly, the Google Launchpad Accelerator Programme, the initiative, which launched in 2018, has worked with 47 startups across 17 African countries during the last four editions.
The 3-month programme includes:
- Access to Google engineers and intensive mentoring from 20+ teams
- Access to Silicon Valley experts and top local mentors
- PR training and global media opportunities
- Close partnership with Google for three months (new classes are accepted twice a year)
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 programme has been moved online and startups will be required to participate remote from June 29th – September 11th, 2020.
Below is a list of the 20 startups selected for the programme:
- Adi+Bolga (Ghana) – A Ghanaian health startup offering virtual skincare consultations and accurate personalized product recommendations to consumers
- AmiTruc (Kenya) – A logistics platform seeking to bring trust, transparency and efficiency to logistics by using technology to connect cargo owners and transporters in Kenya
- Beamm (South Africa) – A South African media startup enabling users make Hollywood style CGI and VFX videos with ease
- BuuPass (Kenya) – A transport startup working with transport operators to provide digital solutions that seamlessly facilitate convenient and reliable movement of commuters in Kenya
- CredPal (Nigeria) – Nigerian fintech startup developing consumer credit infrastructure to ease consumer credit purchase, and enable retail businesses to provide on-demand credit for consumers in Africa
- Curacel (Nigeria) – A Nigerian Claims & Fraud Detection Platform for African Insurers
- Crediation (Kenya) – Kenyan fintech startup empowering tech startups to lend to their customers via APIs and a dashboard to allow its partners access funds for lending and process loans
- Crop2Cash (Nigeria) – An offline accessible platform for farmers making it possible for them to pay, get paid, access agricultural credit via USSD while assuring financial institutions of their lending capital in Nigeria
- Franc (South Africa) – A South African investment app that helps first time investors realise their dreams by providing access to the best cash and equity funds without minimums or restrictions
- Ilara Health (Kenya) – A Kenyan SaaS healthtech service bringing essential diagnostic support and impactful software products to patients and providers across peri-urban sub-Saharan Africa who currently are unable to access these basic life-saving tools
- Judy (Nigeria) – Nigerian legal startup offering a smart, comprehensive database of African case law and legislation
- Kaoun (Tunisia) – A Tunisian blockchain-based fintech enabling unbanked and underbanked individuals and businesses access to financial services through identification, payment and credit solutions
- Thumeza (Zimbabwe) – A next-generation logistics platform utilizing data in order to optimize the logistics function for enterprises in Zimbabwe
- UzaPoint (Kenya) – A Kenyan enterprise retail planning tool and platform that enhances the efficiency, profitability and business intelligence of small scale businesses
- ZayRide (Ethiopia) – A transport service providing reliable, timely, and safe cab services using technologically enabled dispatch systems and integrated mobile money systems for payment
- Zuka Data Science (Kenya) – A Kenyan edtech blended learning platform with engaging Data Science programs designed by experts to enable individuals and organisations at all levels become Data Fluent
Kaoun has built Flouci, a payment solution that offers e-KYC, mobile payments and credit solutions built with distributed ledger technology. Flouci is a mobile wallet that allows merchant payments, cash in/cash out operations, peer to peer transfers, and domestic remittances especially designed to reach those currently excluded from formal financial institutions.
For the already banked population, it offers a more reliable and convenient suite of financial services.
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Open a Paxful Bitcoin Trading Account today!