The B2B mobile marketplace continues to gather pace as Safaricom ‘s latest B2B payments app hits 50, 000 downloads.
The recent growth in mobile merchant payments prompted Safaricom, East Africa’s largest telecom and mobile money service provider, to focus on growing its B2B product line as it surpassed its P2P business line.
Below are the latest stats according to Safaricom:
- M-PESA for Business App downloads hit 50, 000
- Lipa Na M-PESA merchants reach 186, 000
- 24.9 million M-PESA customers – a 12.4% growth from Q4, 2019
- Volume of M-PESA transactions up 11.4% YoY
- Growth of M-PESA agents at +8.2%
- New business growth accounts for 30.4% of total revenue
- C2B transactions contribute highest 30.6% to new business growth
- 12.2% customer growth to 35.6 million subscribers in 2020
There is no doubt that customer to business payments are contributing immensely to the growth of M-PESA and mobile money in Kenya and this trend is only going to growth as digital merchant payments continue to get popular.
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Open a Paxful Bitcoin Trading Account today!