[PRESS RELEASE: ACCRA, GHANA November 17, 2020]
Binance, the world’s leading blockchain and cryptocurrency infrastructure provider with a financial product suite that includes the largest digital asset exchange by volume, today has launched a fiat on-ramp for the Ghanaian Cedi (GHS) on Binance.com.
To further push the commitment to increasing the freedom of money, from today and with
immediate effect, Binance users in Ghana are now able to deposit Cedi (GHS) via mobile
money into their Binance wallet and buy crypto, providing a new and competitive fiat gateway for Ghana.
After Binance Uganda, Binance Ghana is the second Binance fiat gateway to accept mobile money deposits globally.
SEE ALSO: Binance Launches the Binance Africa Affiliate Program in 5 African Countries
After depositing funds to Binance, users will be able to buy crypto via cash balance. Users
can now buy:
Binance remains committed to providing secure and quality crypto services to users across the continent.
Here is how to buy bitcoin with Ghana Cedi on Binance:
- Click on ‘Deposit’ from the top right corner and select the currency (Ghanaian Cedi – GHS) and payment method
- Select ‘Mobile Money’ from the Payments section and choose from the available options – MTN Mobile Money, AirtelTigo Money, Vodafone Cash
- Click on ‘Continue’ and enter the OTP sent via SMS or WhatsApp to make the payment
- Click on ‘Buy Crypto’ on the top right corner and select ‘Buy with Cash Balance’
- Select ‘GHS as the preferred Fiat currency and BTC as your preferred crypto
- Click on ‘Buy Bitcoin’ to enter the amount of GHS you want to spend on buying bitcoin
- Click ‘Confirm’ once you review the rate and how many bitcoins you will receive
Binance is also supporting Ghana’s efforts in tackling the COVID-19 pandemic by donating 20,000 KN95 masks to hospitals in the country – as part of the organisation’s Crypto Against COVID campaign.
The masks will be donated across various hospitals in Ghana including Greater Accra, Ashanti, Western, Eastern, Northern, and Central regions.
Binance is the world’s leading blockchain and cryptocurrency infrastructure provider with a financial product suite that includes the largest digital asset exchange by volume. Trusted by millions worldwide, the Binance platform is dedicated to increasing the freedom of money for users, and features an unmatched portfolio of crypto products and offerings, including: trading and finance, education, data and research, social good, investment and incubation, decentralization and infrastructure solutions, and more.
For more information, visit: https://www.binance.com.
RECOMMENDED READING: You Can Now Buy Crypto on Binance Using Kenya Shillings (KES)
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates