Bitcoin has broken a major resistance after smashing past the $15, 500 mark which puts it at having year-to-date gains of over 100%.
The last time bitcoin was trading at this rate was on January 2018, shortly after the epic 2017 bitcoin bull run.
The current bitcoin rally comes amid an ongoing and highly-contested US election and as global equities rally.
Below are some stats on the current bull-run:
- 110% rise in bitcoin price in 2020 so far
- Accumulation addresses up by 20% in 2020 so far
- Bitcoin now 80% of its all time high, the closest it has ever been to full recovery
- Over 100 days and counting of bitcoin above $10, 000
- Bitcoin at highest levels for 33 months
- Bitcoin has rallied 42% up since the start of Q4, 2020 – less than 2 months
- Total bitcoin moved is now greater than during the bitcoin 2017 bull run suggesting a stronger position than ever
- More than half of U.S. investors are interested in investing in bitcoin in 2020
- 97% of bitcoin addresses now in profit
- 50% of bitcoin addesses only hold 0.0001 bitcoin
- Accumulation addresses – addresses with incoming bitcoin transfers that have never spent the funds – are proof that institutional investments are flowing into bitcoin.
RECOMMENDED READING: How To Buy And Sell Cryptocurrencies in Kenya
Start trading bitcoin today from as low as $10.
Open a Paxful Bitcoin Trading Account to get started!
FREE REPORT DOWNLOAD
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates