VALR, the largest South African exchange by volume in 2020, has reported that it grew from just 15, 000 customers from the beginning of the year, to nearly 100, 000, as of December 30, 2020.
Below are some major milestones for VALR in 2020:
- Became one of the largest trading platforms in South Africa with 5x increase in crypto volumes in 2020
- Doubled team size to better serve and build more products and services
- Added new features (Blitz Processing, Fast Withdrawals, new coins and trading pairs, iOS/Android widgets, and, of course, several more security features to keep VALR accounts as safe as possible)
- Added up to 99 trading pairs
- Raised $3.4 million in a Series A equity funding round from local and international investors
- Paid out over $2 million in customer rewards and rebates
Some of the cryptos added this year on VALR include:
and many more.
Despite a difficult year in humanity, 2020 has shown the value cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin experienced a 286% rise in price to $27, 000 – an all-time high – and the overall cryptocurrency market increased in value by nearly 4x to over $730 billion.
VALR stands out as one of the leading crypto exchanges bringing all this value to the African continent.
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video: