BitKE caught up with Pelle Braendgaard, the founder of Kipochi, the first Bitcoin wallet and the first to integrate M-PESA into a crypto product.
The regulatory encounter would eventually spill over with Safaricom and the CBK and see the next crypto success story in Kenya, the BitPesa Exchange, get shutdown by Safaricom – the company behind M-PESA and the largest mobile money provider in East Africa.
In this podcast, we discuss:
- Pelle’s journey in the crypto space so far
- What is Kipochi and how it began
- What forced Kipochi out of the market
- What happened between Kipochi and Safaricom
- What happened between Kipochi and Central Bank of Kenya
- Pelle’s view of regulation
- Lessons for entrepreneurs
- Current projects as CEO of Notabene
Pelle is the CEO of Notabene, a company helping other companies manage regulatory and counterparty risk in crypto transactions.
Learn more about Notabene here: https://notabene.id/
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Join and interact with our Telegram community
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video:
Start trading bitcoin today from as low as $10.
Open a Bizlato Bitcoin Trading Account to get started!