The latest report by crypto.com reveals that the global crypto population doubled from 100 million to 200 million in just 4 months in 2021.
The report highlights key adoption moves by heavyweight institutions as a big boost to the massive growth within the crypto space in 2021 so far.
The first 3 months of 2021 were exceptionally strong for bitcoin’s stellar performance with May 2021 being extraordinarily good for altcoins despite the market drawdown.
Below is a highlight of stats from the report:
- It only took four months to double the global crypto population from 100 million to 200 million – By comparison, it took 9 months to reach 100 million from 65 million in 2020
- Altcoin adoption in May 2021 led to a massive surge in crypto users, up from 143 million to 221 million as of June 2021
- Bitcoin led growth from January – April 2021
- Ethereum saw significant growth in May and June 2021 fueled by institutional adoption
- Bitcoin and Ethereum lost market share from May 2021 with PoS protocols and meme tokens showing great potential
- Altcoin adoption was likely spurred by an influx of new users interested in tokens like Shiba Token ($SHIB) and Dogecoin ($DOGE)
Thank you for your support by helping us create content:
BTC address: 3CW75kjLYu7WpELdaqTv722vbobUswVtxT
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Join and interact with our Telegram community
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video: