Forbes, the leading global business media brand, in partnership with Celo, the mobile-first blockchain for emerging markets, will be holding an event that brings together key financial leaders on a high-level dialogue to discuss the future of digital currencies and central bank digital currencies (CBDCs).
The virtual event will involve central bank leaders, private banking executives, and firms actively involved in the development of critical and evolving technology to explore design decisions being adopted to make money more secure, trustworthy, and enable cross-border transactions.
The event comes at just the right time when countries around the world are exploring the use and implementation of either wholesale or retain CBDCs.
Some of the African countries already exploring or in the process of testing or implementing CBDCs include:
- South Africa
Some of the key speakers and sessions during the 2-hr virtual event to look out for include:
- Propelling CBDCs form idea to reality with Francisco Rivadeneyra – Director, Bank of Canada
- Real World Application of Blockchain for CBDCs with Herve Tourpe – Chief Digital Advisor, International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Shaping the Future of Digital Currencies with Marcelo Prates – Lawyer, Central Bank of Brazil
- Fireside Chat with Jai Ramaswamy – Chief Risk & Compliance Officer, cLabs
- Insights from Case Studies on CBDCs with Ralf Whitergerst – Chairman of the Management Board, Giesecke+Devrient
Signup Here to attend the event
RECOMMENDED READING: 4 Kenyan Startups Building Innovative Solutions on the Celo Blockchain
Thank you for your support by helping us create content:
BTC address: 3CW75kjLYu7WpELdaqTv722vbobUswVtxT
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Join and interact with our Telegram community
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video: