Uganda may not always be in the headlines when it comes to bitcoin adoption, however, the country has a lot of potential.
A look at bitcoin trading stats on LocalBitcoins reveals the extent of growth in the country and its potential in the near future.
Here is a quick breakdown of the latest 2021 bitcoin trading stats on LocalBitcoins in Uganda:
- Adding between 200 – 300 users per month
- Trading volume has consistently been between $50, 000 and $60, 000 per month
When the bitcoin price was $40,000, in Uganda most of the ads on localbitcoins were for UGSHS 160,000, which translates to roughly $45, 000.
Therefore, bitcoin was trading in Uganda at a $5, 000 premium.
Here are some reasons why Uganda is ready to take crypto by storm:
- The Ugandan Shilling has lost 50% of its value since 2008, and 30% since 2014, and people are looking for better way to save
- With more than 28 million mobile phone connections, it is easy to own crypto on digital wallets such as on localbitcoins
- Peer-to-peer BTC exchange platforms provide cross-border payment solutions which traders are using instead of echanging in dollars
- A large population of 44.27 million people with the average age is just 16.7 years old
- In 2020 and 2021, young people have exploited crypto’s up and down spikes to trade for profit
- Demand for bitcoin has been consistent despite the downtrend in bitcoin price in May and June 2021
Thank you for your support by helping us create content:
BTC address: 3CW75kjLYu7WpELdaqTv722vbobUswVtxT
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Join and interact with our Telegram community
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video: