In line with the Africa Blockchain Alliance’s commitment to foster blockchain education on the African continent, the Alliance partnered with Algorand Foundation and Reach to organize this agile and fast-paced program for African web developers to get into blockchain development.
The program will be in the form of an online Bounty Hack Series which is a guided hackathon in which participants (teams and individuals) learn to build blockchain apps (dApps) and then complete projects from a pre-approved list over the course of six weeks.
Each team will be assigned a mentor who will work closely with the team to help them succeed to their fullest potential.
The dApps developed are presented at the end of the hack and voted on by participants. Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams. However, the hack doesn’t end there.
Teams can earn prizes and incentives just for participating! Details on prizes and incentives are listed below.
- 1st prize: $3,000; 2nd prize: $2,000; and 3rd prize: $1,000
- $800 to all other participating teams for project completion
- $1,000 Community Choice award
- $250 for writing an article describing your project
- $200 for joining a call describing your project to the project team after the hack
- $500 for turning your project into a Reach workshop (with a pull request) or $750 for turning your project into a Reach tutorial (with a pull request)
- Up to $1,000 after completing your project through content incentives
Who can Apply
The hackathon is open to all developers with any level of experience in software development. The main thing is a commitment to complete the tutorial and a project. This is what the tutorial looks like.
How to Apply
Developers interested in participating can apply now by using the link below:
Application closes on March 4th, 2022.
The program will run from March 7, 2022 to April 22, 2022. More information and a detailed timetable can be found here on the official landing page for the Bounty Hack.
Get in Touch
Thank you for your support by helping us create content:
BTC address: 3CW75kjLYu7WpELdaqTv722vbobUswVtxT
ERC20 Address: 0x03139524428e40E31f13909f8D994C915FB91277
SOL address: 9cC65AWFHj848kntcoyiT8av3jiRQEqyTTmBR1GvVUb
Follow us on Twitter for the latest posts and updates
Join and interact with our Telegram community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel below for more updates:
This is a paid press release