Welcome to BitcoinKE. Africa’s largest Blockchain and Bitcoin media outlet.
Good to have you here!
Much like any digital platform for discussions, rules are necessary to keep order and civility within the community. This Code of Conduct and list of Prohibited Behaviour and Activities was created to help guide members on what is considered acceptable behavior when interacting with the community, along with the corresponding penalties for violations.
This Code of Conduct must be followed by all members at all times. Community managers moderate the forums and channels, and enforce rules as well as impose penalties in cases of violation. The terms stated here also apply to private conversations with community members.
By engaging and participating in BitcoinKE communication channels, it is assumed that you agree to the terms below and understand that if they are not upheld, you may be banned from the channels or restricted form using them for either a limited or indefinite period of time.
For any issues or questions, here is a list of the moderators’ names so you can contact them directly:
- No Hate Speech or Bullying: Be respectful, even if you disagree. Bullying or trolling of any kind isn’t allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
- Protect Yourself: Be careful when clicking links to third-party content. Be wary of potential phishing attacks. Also, do not divulge personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses, etc. that could potentially be used to harm you. And although this may be obvious for some, we want to remind everyone that your private keys or even the email addresses you use for your exchange accounts or wallets should NEVER BE SHARED to anyone, especially in public channels. Similarly, do not disclose other people’s personal information as well.
- No Spam: No ads or links to unrelated topics unless there is a specific thread asking to do so. Phishing links will result in a ban.
- Content Posting:
- Posting fraudulent content is not allowed, unless you’re sharing it to report and take down the link.
- NO discussion of illegal activity such as plans for terrorist activities, money laundering, trafficking, or selling drugs or any black market items is not allowed.
- Promoting, coordinating, or recruiting users to join pump and dump schemes or any other form of market manipulation is also strictly prohibited.
- NO links or comments containing sexually explicit material.
- Posts about buying and selling accounts will result in a ban.
- Communication with Moderators:
- Respect the moderators who are helping you.
- For your safety, do not provide sensitive information to other users.
- Scammers usually target community members and they claim to be admins of the group. Check EVERY CHARACTER of the username to ensure that you are talking to the real admin, real admins WILL NEVER request for funds in private message. Please report such incidences immediately.
- Give More Than You Take: What makes a community amazing is when members are more focused on helping each other, than on helping themselves. Be as helpful as possible and everyone benefits!
- Do not ask users to private message you to set up trades or vice versa. Anyone that invites you to should be immediately reported.
- Our official admins are @matulex @Yvonne95 @davgit
- Advertising coins or projects that are not affiliated or endorsed by BitcoinKE may result in a kick/ban
- ❗️❗️❗️ BEWARE OF FAKE TELEGRAM CHANNELS ❗️❗️❗️ It has been brought to our attention that scammers are opening FAKE Telegram groups and channels in order to scam people.
- Our Official channels include:
- Thank you for reading and happy chatting!
Here are some useful links:
- Website: www.bitcoinke.io
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BitcoinKE
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/799469043449214/
- Telegram group: https://t.me/bitcoinke_official
- Telegram announcement channel: https://t.me/bitcoinKEofficial
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org