LocalCryptos, formerly, LocalEthereum, has added four new African payment methods to enable users purchase Bitcoin and Ethereum onto its platform.
The five payment methods available on Local Cryptos now include:
- Chipper Cash – A cross-border mobile money transfer app available in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Nigeria
- Airtel Money – A mobile digital wallet and payments service providing a variety of mobile money services both across Africa and internationally
- MTN Mobile Money – An app and USSD-based mobile money service particularly popular among crypto traders in Ghana, and available in several countries
- EcoCash – A popular mobile phone-based money transfer service in Zimbabwe allowing users to send RTGS to any other user knowing only their phone number
- M-PESA – Kenyans and Africans will continue to trade with M-Pesa, which is already available
In an exclusive with BitcoinKE, Michael Foster, CEO, LocalCryptos, said:
“In 2020, we’re focusing more on growing our African communities, specifically in Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, and Zimbabwe. Africa is on the road to becoming a major blockchain hub, with many governments and communities embracing the technology.
We want to ramp up our efforts in onboarding the world to the next generation of finance.”
With many global P2P exchanges offering more on and off-ramp crypto options, including Paxful, the race for crypto adoption and usage in Africa is likely going to continue heating up.
LocalCryptos is a peer-to-peer crypto marketplace with more than 100,000 users worldwide with traders in 100+ countries (Venezuela being #1). Kenya is the current leader in Africa.
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Open a Paxful Bitcoin Trading Account today!