The latest CryptoCompare’s Crypto Exchange Benchmark rankings for Q4, 2019 are out, and once again, Luno remains the only African exchange on the top 20 globally.
The benchmark is the most recognized and respected ranking in the industry as it ranks 160+ spot exchanges across 64 metrics & serves as a guide to identifying the lowest risk exchanges in the industry.
The latest ranking also provides some insights into the space as shown below:
- 30% of exchanges possess a crypto exchange license or registered as an MSB
- Only 4% of exchanges formally offer some form of crypto insurance
- 56% impose strict ID verification on users
- 46% of exchanges incentivize and reward traders via airdrops
- 33% of exchanges offer margin trading
- 96% of exchanges offer 2-factor authentication (2FA)
- Only 16% of exchanges hold more than 95% of crypto in cold wallet
- Low-tier exchanges show increased growth bypassing top-tier exchanges
- 41% of exchanges conduct some form of trading competition to drive volume
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Open a Paxful Bitcoin Trading Account today!