Kwame, who is also the CEO of CryptoSavannah, a leading blockchain and crypto consultancy firm based in Uganda, joins a reputable team of experts from across the globe in evaluating key challenges and opportunities within the space, and what it will take to achieve the key aims of cryptocurrencies.
According to the WEF website:
“The council will work on technical knowledge products for regulators and policy-makers to inform better governance, capacity-building initiatives, and other projects of the council’s selection and design.”
Speaking to BitcoinKE about his nomination, Kwame said:
“I am not certain how it came about. My belief is that WEF keeps track around the world of different aspects happening around 4IR and their related areas of interest.
In that regard, I believe our work with blockchain and crypto may have caught their attention.
It is a great honor!
We look forward to making a contribution, and adding Africa’s voice to this distinguished forum.”
Other recognized members of the council include:
- Brad Garlinghouse – CEO, Ripple
- Joseph Lubin – CEO, ConsenSys
- Paul Maley – MD, Deutsche Bank, UK
- Catherine Coley – CEO, Binance.US
- Cuy Sheffield – Head of Crypto, Visa
- Oli Harris – VP, Digital Assets, Goldman Sachs
- Kathleen Breitman – Co-Founder, Tezos
- Vansa Chatikavanij – CEO, OmiseGO
- Matthew Davie – CSO, Kiva & Board Member, Libra Association
- Meltem Demirors – CSO, CoinShares
- Denelle Dixon – CEO, Stellar Foundation
The World Economic Forum’s Global Future Councils is the world’s foremost multi-stakeholder and inter-disciplinary knowledge network dedicated to promoting innovative thinking to shape a more resilient, inclusive, and sustainable future.
The network convenes more than 1, 000 of the most relevant and knowledgeable thought leaders from academia, government, international organizations, business, and civil society, grouped in expertise-based thematic councils. It is an invitation-only community and members are nominated for a one-year period.
FREE REPORT DOWNLOAD
According to the WEF:
“Global Future Council members provide strategic insights, scientific evidence, forward guidance and multidisciplinary understanding of major issues that will shape the post-COVID world.”
This role involves:
- Identify and monitor latest trends, research, and frontier technologies with significant potential to transform societies, industries, and regions
- Contribute expertise and knowledge, sharing key lessons, and developing innovative ideas to building back better initiatives of industry, regional, and solution platforms
- Provide decision-makers from business and government with a multi-disciplinary understanding of the strategic implications
- Deepen understanding of the drieers and enablers of 4IR and how emerging technologis can be leveraged to address global, regional, and industry issues
- Inform the WEF’s strategic initiatives by providing feedback on the direction of existing projects as well as new areas of focus
- Increasing public awareness of the potential benefits and risks related to major breakthroughs
The council is expected to deliver its outcomes as part of the WEF’s ongoing projects, initiatives, and meetings.
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Open a Paxful P2P Bitcoin Trading Account today!