Binance, the leading crypto exchange by volume globally, has announced and launched an African tour to teach on how the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) Ecosystem truly works.
The tour will involve weekly classes throughout the month of January 2021 on how the Binance Smart Chain works and how you can build on top of this fast-growing blockchain protocol.
5 African countries have been selected for the tour. These include:
- South Africa – 10PM (EAT) / 8PM (WAT) Every Tuesday of January 2021
- Ghana – 10PM (EAT) / 8PM (WAT) Every Wednesday of January 2021
- Uganda – 10PM (EAT) / 8PM (WAT) Every Thursday of January 2021
- Kenya – 8PM (EAT) Every Friday of January 2021
- Nigeria – 10PM (EAT) / 8PM (WAT) Every Saturday of January 2021
Launched on September 1, 2020, the Binance Smart Chain is a blockchain that runs in parallel to the Binance Chain, a native blockchain protocol of the Binance exchange that enables you to build your own decentralized apps, while also taking advantage of the fast trading performance offered on Binance DEX (decentralized exchange).
BSC enables the creation of smart contracts and the staking mechanism for BNB. Any interested individuals and/or organizations can gather BNB stakes to become a validator of this new blockchain.
Because BSC is EVM-compatible, it launched with support for the rich universe of Ethereum tools and DApps. In theory, this makes it easy for developers to port their projects over from Ethereum. For users, it means that applications like MetaMask can be easily configured to work with BSC.
BSC provides the growing DeFi space with another alternative to the Ethereum (ETH) blockchain with two differences:
- BSC is faster with a three-second block time
- BSC has low fees with the average transaction fee being two cents
Despite its cross-chain compatibility, BSC is not a layer two solution for Binance Chain. It is an independent blockchain that can function without Binance Chain.
Follow the local Binance Telegram Groups below for more info:
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video: