The annual and popular Forbes ‘World’s Billionaires List‘ is out and this time (2021), it includes the largest number of crypto billionaires ever in addition to the usual suspects.
According to Forbes, the world’s wealthiest exploded to an unprecedented 2,755 – 660 more than a year ago. At the same time, 12 from the list came from the crypto space, which is 3x up from the 2020 list.
Interestingly, a staggering 86% of the rich are richer than a year ago with the many new billionaires getting minted out of China and Hong Kong.
Here are the top 5 richest people in the world from the list:
- Jeff Bezos (CEO, Amazon) – $177B
- Elon Musk (CEO, Tesla, SpaceX) – $151B
- Bernard Arnault & family (LVMH, Louis Vuitton, Sephora) – $150B
- Bill Gates (Co-Founder / Chairman, Microsoft) – $124B
- Mark Zuckerberg (CEO, Facebook) – $97B
In the crypto space, here are the top cryto billionaires according to Forbes:
- Sam Bankman (CEO, FTX) – $8.7B
- Brian Armstrong (CEO, CoinBase) – $6.5B
- The Winklevoss Twins (Founders, Gemini Exchange) – $6B
- Chris Larsen (Co-Founder, Ripple Labs) – $3.4B
- Michael Saylor (CEO, MicroStrategy) – $2.3B
- Jed McCaleb (Co-Founder, Ripple Labs) – $2B
- Fred Ersham (Co-Founder, CoinBase) – $1.9B
- ChangPeng Zhao (CEO, Binance) – $1.9B
- Barry Silbert (CEO, DCG, GrayScale) – $1.6B
- Matthew Roszak (Chairman, Bloq) – $1.5B
- Tim Draper (Crypto Evangelist) – $1.5B
It is also noteworthy that with the upcoming Coinbase direct Nasdaq listing, Armstrong’s shares are somewhere north of $14B, meaning he may well top the crypto billionaires’ list in the next few weeks.
The company also recently released its Q1, 2021 results which revealed an impressive growth of over $335 billion in trading volumes with over $1.8 billion total revenue during this period.
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Join and interact with our Telegram community
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video:
Start trading bitcoin today from as low as $10.
Open a Bizlato Bitcoin / Ethereum Trading Account to get started!