The Hurun Global Rich List 2021 is out and once again, it packs a number of billionaires from the crypto space.
The list, which ranks the world’s top U.S. Dollar billionaires, is published annually with latest 2021 list being the 10th edition since the publication began.
The 2021 list packs new names with the crypto boom having multiplied the wealth of others a couple of times over from the 2020 rich list.
Below is the list of the top 10 crypto billionaires in 2021:
- Brian Armstrong, CEO, Coinbase – $11.5 billion
- Sam Bankman-Fried, CEO, FTX – $10 billion
- Zhao ChangPeng, CEO, Binance – $8 billion
- Chris Larsen, Co-Founder, Ripple – $5.1 billion
- Jed McCaleb, Co-Founder, Stellar – $3.2 billion
- Barry Silbert, CEO, DCG – $3 billion
- Tyler Winklevoss, Founder, Gemini Exchange – $2.8 billion
- Cameron Winklevoss, Founder, Gemini Exchange – $2.8 billion
- Michael Saylor, CEO, MicroStrategy – $2.4 billion
- Matthew Roszak, CEO, Bloq – $2.4 billion
Here is a higlight of the stats from the report:
- This year saw a net addition of 17 crypto billionaires, deriving their wealth from holding currency tokens, running crypto exchanges and proving tech capabilities to support the ecosystem
- Blockchain had 17 billionaires, predominantly generated by crypto exchanges, investors, and crypto miners
- The cumulative wealth of blockchain billionaires was US$77bn with 11 new faces
- CEO, Coinbase, ranked one of the fastest risers of the year with his wealth up 10x to $11.5 billion, on the back of the Coinbase imminent IPO
- Jack Deosey, CEO, Square, saw his wealth almost triple to $15 billion
- Satoshi Nakamoto, the name used by the founder of bitcoin, ought to be the richest crypto entrepreneur, with an estimated US$50bn and a Top 25 place in the world, based on his one million bitcoins at a price of US$50,000 a coin
While Africa has a total of 18 U.S. Dollar billionaires, non is from the crypto and blockchain space.
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Join and interact with our Telegram community
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video:
Start trading bitcoin today from as low as $10.
Open a Binance Bitcoin Trading Account to get started!