Morocco was on the spotlight for LocalBitcoins this past week as the bitcoin P2P marketplace highlighted the state of crypto adoption in the country.
According to LocalBitcoins, February 2021 was the best month ever in Morocco in terms of trading volumes and setting new records.
SEE ALSO: [WATCH] We Are Staying in Nigeria, We are Not Going Anywhere, Says LocalBitcoins Amidst the Nigerian Crypto Ban
Here are some stats on bitcoin trading in Morocco:
- $900K worth of bitcoins was traded in February 2021
- Roughly $220, 000 per week is currently being traded in Morocco on LocalBitcoins
- User registrations grew by over 30% between 2019 and 2020 – Over 700 accounts were created during this period
- Morocco is one of the most underbanked countries in the world – only 29% of Moroccan adults have a bank account
- Youth unemployment rate (15 – 24yr olds) in the country stands at 31%
RECOMMENDED READING: [WATCH] Zimbabwe Has the Most Bitcoin HODLERS in Africa, Says LocalBitcoins
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Join and interact with our Telegram community
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video:
Start trading bitcoin today from as low as $10.
Open a LocalBitcoins Trading Account to get started!