Ethereum ($ETH), the second largest cryptocurrency by market cap after Bitcoin, has hit a new all-time high above $3,000.
The new high now values Ethereum at over $348 billion following continued growth in the DeFi space which is largely fueled by Ethereum smart contracts.
Below are some interesting Ethereum stats following this major psychological break:
- Total value locked (TVL) for Ethereum in DeFi now above $77 billion
- Ethereum rallies over 40% in April 2021
- Ethereum is up over 1, 300% YoY
- Ethereum flippens Bank of America in market capitalization
- Institutional use and adoption of Ethereum smart contracts on the rise
- The Ethereum Berlin update and hard fork rolled out in April 2021
- The upcoming London update and hard fork
- The rise in Ethereum Layer 2 protocols like Polygon have seen transaction fees come down drastically
The new milestone now places Ethereum above the following companies in market capitalization:
- Bank of America
- Walt Disney
- Procter & Gamble
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Join and interact with our Telegram community
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video:
Start trading bitcoin today from as low as $10.
Open a Bizlato Bitcoin / Ethereum Trading Account and earn $5 when you sign up!