The Seedstars World Global competition is back in Nairobi, Kenya, and 10 startups have been selected to pitch. Out of the ten startups pitching, three are blockchain-based.
The pitching competition, which takes place at the Nailab on June 28th, 2019, will see a winner secure a place for the grand final and a chance to compete for $500, 000 USD in equity investment and other prizes.
The startups pitching include:
- Ilara Health – Diagnostics solution
- Julla – Point-of-Sale financing company
- Lentera – Agri-tech startup
- Nurse-in-Hand – Blockchain-based emergency response service
- Pesabase – Blockchain-based payments solution
- Pezesha – Digital financial marketplace
- Shamba Records – Blockchain-based farm management solution
- SmatBeba – Cargo-hailing application
- WorkPay – Employee payments solution
- Tanda – Micro-retail management platform
Seedstarts has also made available $100M USD Africa investment fund which should be active later this year. All the above applicants are eligible for this early-stage investment.