At the ongoing Blockchain Africa Conference 2020, Binance has announced that it will be launching a Binance Fiat Gateway in South Africa soon.
South Africa will now have access to all Binance exchange services and products.
The exchange will initially launch with five trading pairs below:
- BTC / ZAR
- BNB / ZAR
- ETH / ZAR
- USDT / ZAR
- BUSD / ZAR
BitcoinKE had a chat with Tanya Knowles, the Binance Country Manager, South Africa, to discuss the upcoming gateway and what we can expect once it launches.
Here is the recorded interview:
Here is the outline of questions discussed during the interview:
- Is the new exchange similar to the Nigerian and Ugandan fiat gateways or different in terms of local support, gateway configuration?
- What is Binance outlook of the SA market? Any numbers you can share?
- What is this gateway expected to achieve that is lacking in the SA market currently?
- Do you expect Binance to be competitive in a market already dominated by other well-established exchanges like Luno?
- The $1M support for Africa or SA. Can you clarify the kind of support to expect for devs, ecosystem?
Following the fiat gateway announcement, Binance also said it has donated $1 million to support the blockchain and crypto ecosystem in South Africa as it seeks to help businesses grow and thrive on the continent.
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates