The Binance CEO, ChangPeng Zhao (CZ), took time from his busy schedule to respond to questions from Africa media and key players in the crypto and blockchain space.
Considering that Binance is the largest crypto exchange by volume globally, his focus on Africa is especially relevant as the continent continues to show tremendous growth in crypto adoption across various jurisdictions.
CZ revealed that he still holds some bitcoins and he is a big bitcoin bull. He also went deep into his believe in how Africa will define the future of crypto.
CZ also discusses how the Binance P2P platform is key to getting more crypto adoption on the continent and the opportunities therein to crypto the uncryptoed. He also touched on opportunities for developers, influencers, and local African exchanges and how they can leverage working with Binance to increase liquidity.
We have curated some of the questions he responded to, specifically touching on Africa, and linked them to the exact section in the video below to make it easier for you:
- Are you planning to launch local African-backed stablecoins in the future?
- How important strategically is Africa to the future of cryptocurrencies?
- What prompted the decision to open Binance South Africa and is the country emerging as a crypto-friendly market?
- Are there plans to partner with African grassroot crypto influencers to drive more adoption in Africa as many are often overlooked?
- How does one get you speak at a conference in Africa?
- How are you looking to promote Binance in Africa, specifically, new users who have never owned bitcoin before?
- Do you see Africa as an untapped market for crypto exchanges?
- Are you looking to resolve the problem of KYC identity on Binance in Nigeria and across Africa to enable fiat on and off-ramps?
- What is the status of fiat on and off-ramps onto Binance across the different African countries?
- How does Binance seek to help crypto education and projects in Africa?
- What drew you to opening up a first in Uganda?
- What plans does Binance have for Africa post-Covid in terms of payments, trading facilitation, supply chains and what avenues exist to take this conversation forward?
- How can one access Binance liquidity as a local exchange in Africa?
- Does Binance plan to work with other public blockchains to increase financial inclusion in Africa?
- Considering the huge interest in Africa, does Binance plan to build a full crypto-based remittance service?
- How is the Binance Charity Fund being disbursed in Africa?
- Can you name specific banking partners in Africa that you have secured relationships?
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Open a Paxful Bitcoin Trading Account today!