The Africa DeFi Conference 2020 happening on August 5, 2020 is expected to showcase the tremendous growth and rise of DeFi projects over the last one year.
DeFi or Decentralized Finance, is already a hot buzzword in the crypto space and virtual conference hopes to demystify and offer insights into this exciting new field of crypto.
SEE ALSO: [BINANCE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE: JULY 14TH, 2020] Here are All the African Panels and Entrepreneurs Speaking at the ‘Off The Charts’ Event
According to DeFi tracking website DeFiPrime, there are currently over 100 projects tackling various DeFi solutions. The total value locked in DeFi is now over USD$ 4 billion with a 227% year-on-year increase in ETH locked in DeFi.
Today, DeFi apps clearly demonstrate value and utility and companies are working on improving the visual demonstration of DeFi to enable mass adoption. The ability to borrow funds, take out loans, deposit funds into a savings account, or trade complex financial products, all that without asking anyone for permission or opening an account anywhere, is quickly gaining traction.
Some of the leading companies in DeFi are participating at the DeFi Conference 2020. These include:
- Incognito Chain
- Celsius Network
Below is a list of speakers at the conference:
- Jack Lu – Founer and CEO, WanChain (Keynote Speaker)
- Artur Schaback – Co-Founder and COO, Paxful (Keynote Speaker)
- Anna Wood – Marketing and Training Executive, Silgonex (Keynote Speaker)
- Stani Kulechov – Founder and CEO of Aave
- Jonas Lamis – Founder and CEO at StakerDAO
- Alex Mashinsky – Founder and CEO of the Celsius Network
- Jérôme de Tychey – Global Head of Clients Success at Ledger
- Adelyn Zhou – CMO and Head of Chainlink Marketing
- Flora Sun – Managing Director of Binance X
- Brian Condenanza – CTO of Bidao
- Piers Ridyard – CEO of Radix DLT
- Ambre Soubiran – CEO of Kaiko
- Lex Sokolin – Global Fintech Co-Head at ConsenSys
- Gustav Arentoft – Business Development (Europe, SEA, Africa), Maker Foundation
- Miko Matsumura – Co-founder of Evercoin and General Partner with Gumi Ventures
- Alex Batlin – Founder and CEO of Trustology
- On Yavin – Founder and CEO of Cointelligence
- Alex McDougall – Co-founder of Bicameral Ventures
- Richard de Sousa – Founder and CEO of AltCoinTrader
- Luca Consentino – Product and Go to Market at Oasis Labs
- Rebecca Mqamelo- Head of Growth at Zerion
- Jorge Sebastiao – CTO, Advisor, Executive Board Member of the Government Blockchain Association (GBA)
- George Samman – Advisor at Kadena and Fantom
- Andrey Bugaevski – Project Lead at Incognito Chain
- Nathaniel Luz – Lead at Dash Nigeria
Some of the key sessions to look out for include:
- 13:25pm-13:55pm (Keynote Address): The Future of Decentralized Finance in the Emerging World by Artur Schaback, Co-Founder, Paxful
- 14:00pm-14:20pm: A Practical Look at DeFi: Decentralization vs. Governance by Richard de Sousa, CEO, AltCoinTrader
- 14:20pm-14:35pm: Introduction to Decentralized Finance by Carel de Jager, Lead Instructor, Blockchain Academy
- 17:00pm-17:20pm: How to Protect Yourself in the Wild West of DeFi by Miko Matsumura
The conference promises to be an interesting deep dive into the world DeFi featuring experts in the Decentralized Finance space.
See the full conference calendar and signup link here.
NB: BitcoinKE will interview and publish one-on-one interviews with some of the speakers from the conference. Look out for the interviews coming soon.
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Open a Paxful Bitcoin Trading Account today!