While bitcoin trading is increasingly popular in Kenya via established platforms like Paxful and Binance, few are aware of one particular trader doing the same right on the streets of Nairobi, the Capital City of Kenya.
Lewis Mutugi is a crypto street vendor who helps buyers purchase bitcoin via mobile money right on the streets.
SEE ALSO: [WATCH] How to Buy Bitcoins in Kenya Using MPESA, Chipper Cash, and Bank Transfer on Paxful on Your Mobile Phone
BitKE, in partnership with Betty of Betty’s Place, the first business in Kenya to accept bitcoin and crypto for payment, had a chat with Lewis to find out how this takes place.
In this video, Lewis answers the following questions:
- How did you start?
- How did you come to gain interest in Bitcoin and the crypto space?
- What has been your experience thus far?
- You recently went viral online – How has that been?
- What has been the feedback from the community?
- Trading experiences (tips & snippets on trading)?
- Any unexpected people who have come to your shop due to the exposure?
- How is the experience of a young crypto vendor in Kenya?
- What was the motivation behind being a physical vendor as opposed to an online vendor?
- What are some of the pros and cons of being a physical vendor?
- What are some of the risks of having a physical crypto shop?
- Can you demo or explain to us how you vend crypto with mobile money / MPESA?
- Have you ever dealt with a scammer?
RECOMMENDED READING: Binance Kenya Opens Kenya Shillings Deposits via Mobile Money for FREE
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video:
Start trading bitcoin today from as low as $10.
Open a Paxful Bitcoin Trading Account to get started!