“Play as You Earn” game, Axie Infinity, has made over $1 billion in sales according to the latest stats.
The milestone is the latest piece of evidence to show that the blockchain game, launched in 2018, has truly gone viral in the last few months.
Here are a few stats about the game:
- Almost 1/5 of Axie Infinity’s sales took place in the first week of August 2021
- 3/4 of all sales were concluded in the July 2021
- Total all-time sales currently stand at $1,145,891,307 completed in 2,639,228 transactions
- In August 10, 2021, sales volume for the Pokemon like video game stands at $31, 445, 477
- Top players earning approximately $435 per day
The game revolves around cute furry creatures called Axies, which players are able to:
- Use to complete challenges
- Battle with online
The object of the game is to obtain small love potions (SLPs), which can be used to breed new Axies that can then be deployed within the game.
SLPs double as cryptocurrencies that can be bought and sold on a crypto exchange. Top players are reportedly earning SLP1,500 ($435) per day from their Axies, though the price of SLPs against the US dollar is constantly changing.
RECOMMENDED READING: Making ETH a Deflationary Currency with the Upcoming Ethereum ‘London Hard Fork’
Thank you for your support by helping us create content:
BTC address: 3CW75kjLYu7WpELdaqTv722vbobUswVtxT
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Join and interact with our Telegram community
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video: