The just concluded Trescon Global AI Show 2019 which took place in Nairobi, Kenya, culminated in a startup pitching competition with Utu House, Home of Blockchain & AI, Nairobi, Kenya, winning the Startup World Cup.
The AI Show saw a full capacity attendance with plenty of presentations around artificial intelligence, data science, machine learning, and blockchain.
Some of the keynote addresses, panels, and talks that stood out included:
- Finance Panel Discussion – How AI is Shaking Up the Banking Industry
- Lightning Chat – Understanding the Role of AI Taskforce in Driving Kenya’s Big 4 Agenda
- Insurance Use Case – The Impact of AI in the Future of Insurance
- Keynote Product Showcase – The Impact of Digitization & Robotics
- Use Case Presentation – AI and Machine Learning in the Field of Trust
The 2-day event culminated in the Startup World Cup pitching which saw a good number of Kenya and international startups presenting their products and solutions before a panel of 3 judges.
The event culminated in a winner announcement which saw UTU House take home the cup and get an opportunity to pitch their startup at the grand finale in San Franscisco. The winner at the grand finale, in May 2020, walks away with $1M.