TechEmerge, an initiative by the International Finance Corporation (IFC), part of Word Bank Group, is looking for tech health-related solutions for the East African market.
Innovative blockchain-based projects in the health sector from East Africa are encouraged to apply. Up to $1M is available to support pilot projects and potential investments for scale-up.
IFC is focused on East Africa after successfully implementing the program in the healthcare sectors in India, followed by Brazil.
According to the IFC website:
“Over 20 leading private healthcare providers in Kenya, Uganda, and Ethiopia have signed on to the program and are interested in working with health tech companies that can address their needs. Through a competitive selection process, with the support of an network of external technical advisors, shortlisted innovators meet with local organizations to demo their products and discuss potential pilot opportunities.
With our support, selected innovators and local healthcare providers partner to test and validate technologies in the local setting.”
IFC provides support during the market-entry and tech transfer process for both innovators and healthcare providers – mitigating financial and operational risks associated with market entry for innovators and reducing adoption risks for local healthcare providers.
The TechEmerge Health program will match innovators with more than 20 leading private health care systems in Kenya, Uganda and Ethiopia that have already signed up to the program.
Some of the participating partners include:
- AAR Health Insurance
- Neema Hospital
- Premier Hospital
- The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa
- PathCare Kenya
Here is the application criteria:
- Proven product, installed with at least one health system
- Privately owned company, typically with less than 50 employees and less than US$100M in venture capital funding (with some exceptions)
- Meets the needs of the East African Healthcare Providers
- Demonstrated managerial capacity and scalability
- Ability to allocate time and resources to participate in the Project, including attending periodic meetings, and implementation of field testing/pilot project in East Africa
Open a Paxful Bitcoin Trading Account today!
Join our monthly Crypto Trading Class below: