Celo is a mobile-first blockchain with an ambitious goal of building an ecosystem of entrepreneurs with the ultimate vision of prosperity for everyone. It includes a set of financial tools accessible with a basic mobile phone and supports ERC-20 compatible tokens while also leveraging the use of smart contracts.
We had chat with Anca Rusu, who has 8 years of experience with the World Bank, 5 of which were spent in Africa working on financial inclusion. Anca is currently the Regional Lead for cLabs, working on Celo for Africa and Middle East. Her mission is to shift the narrative through education to ways the technology can solve public sector problems from social ID to digital payments.
Africa is no doubt one of the key emerging markets that hold great promise for blockchain-based digital currencies and the discussion also revolves around how this will be made possible via the Celo blockchain.
In this podcast, we answer the following questions:
- What is the Celo Blockchain mission and vision?
- How does Celo fit into the African space?
- What is the Celo app development program?
- What is the Celo developer Bootcamp and mentorship program
- How does one quaify for these programs?
- What African projects are you currently working with?
- What are specific Celo expansion efforts on the African continent?
- How does one access the Celo Gold token?
- What can we expect from Celo in 2020 and 2021?
To learn more about Celo, check out the resources below:
- Main Website: celo.org
- Celo Alliance: https://celo.org/alliance
- Developer Info: https://celo.org/developers
- More Technical Info: https://docs.celo.org/v/master/developer-guide/overview/introduction
- More General Info on Pilots and Research: https://medium.com/celoorg
- CoinList Auction: https://coinlist.co/celo
- Open Positions in Kenya and Nigeria: https://celo.org/jobs
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Open a Paxful Bitcoin Trading Account today!