The latest July 2020 crypto exchange rankings report is out, and once again, Luno is the only African exchange on the top global list of credible exchanges.
The report ranks Luno at number 13 above global exchanges like Bittrex, OKEx, Huobi, and Poloniex based on a combination of various ranking factors.
Below is the list of the top 20 exchanges as listed on the report:
- LMAX Digital
- Huobi Global
- Independent Reserve
The benchmark is the most recognized and respected ranking in the industry as it ranks 160+ spot exchanges across 64 metrics & serves as a guide to identifying the lowest risk exchanges in the industry.
Some of the insights the July 2020 ranking provides into the space include:
- Top-tier exchanges (68 in total) accounted for 40% of global volumes in Q2, 2020 while Lower-Tier have continued to lose market share
- In June 2020, Top-Tier exchanges accounted for 46% of global volume
- Only 30% of exchanges are registered or hold a crypto exchange license
- Only 4% of exchanges have been hacked in the last year
- 95% of exchanges offer two-factor authentication (2FA)
- Exchanges based in Luxembourg, Japan, and the United States have the lowest risks
The benchmark is intended to achieve the following objectives:
- Exchanges – Help them conduct more thorough competitive analysis
- Funds – Help them assess counterparty risk and opportunities in the digital assets markets
- Exchange Service Providers – Help insurers, custodians, and compliance services gain a better understanding of the industry and identify potential customers
- Regulators – Help them develop policy and better understand the global digital asset landscape
- Investors & Traders – Help them identify the least risky venues for trading
See the full report here.
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Open a Paxful Bitcoin Trading Account today!