Once again, Bitcoin has crossed yet another major milestone of $25, 000 reaching a new all-time high.
The new high has now valued Bitcoin, the largest cryptocurrency by market cap, above Visa, the financial services giant, at about $462 billion.
Visa’s market cap stands at $460 billion.
This also means that hodlers over the last couple of years are gaining the most value from this digital asset as the tweet below shows:
The current milestone, once again, comes at the back of institutional investments that have seen billions of dollars channelled into crypto assets, particularly Bitcoin.
Some of the latest institutional investors to join the Bitcoin bandwagon in December include:
- Skybridge Capital – $25 million
- MassMutual – $100 million
- Guggenheim – To invest 10% of its over $230 billion under management
Some of the leading institutions with the largest Bitcoin holdings include:
- GrayScale – $14.2 billion
- MicroStrategy – $1.75 billion
- CoinShares – $1.73 billion
- Ruffer Investments – $1.05 billion
- Galaxy Digital Holdings – $413.8 million
As more investors study and adopt the above institutional strategies into crypto assets, there is no doubt that many more will be joining the Bitcoin bus.
When this happens, the only direction Bitcoin can continue to go is up.
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video:
Start trading bitcoin today from as low as $10.
Open a Paxful Bitcoin Trading Account to get started!