According to recent January 2019 statistics, Kenya ranks among the top 3 countries in Africa with the highest number of Bitcoin users.
Among the top countries in Africa with the highest Bitcoin usage include:
- Seychelles – More than 1% of the population uses Bitcoin
- South Africa – 0.1 – 0.99% of the population uses Bitcoin
- Kenya – 0.01 – 0.099% of the population uses Bitcoin
- Angola – 0.01 – 0.099% of the population uses Bitcoin
- Nigeria – Less than 0.01% of the population uses Bitcoin
While the above numbers are no doubt encouraging, a closer at the world map will reveal that Africa is the only continent with the least Bitcoin adoption ratios based on population.
Among the top countries with at least 1% of the population using Bitcoin globally include:
- South Korea
- United States
- The U.K.
- New Zealand
. . . Among others.
A 2018 report had ranked Kenya among the top 3 African countries with the highest amount of bitcoins traded and at number 23 worldwide. The above statistics, though conservative, seem to indicate and authenticate these figures and position Kenya as a key crypto adopter in the region.