The Law Society of Kenya ICT/IP Committee and the Lawyers Hub have organized a one-day training on Blockchain and distributed ledgers for Lawyers as part of the training series on emerging technologies.
The training is specifically crafted for lawyers and promises to be insightful, technical, yet practical, for both in-house and litigating counsels.
There will be a mix of speakers from the various blockchain disciplines in Kenya, including the chairman, The Kenya Blockchain and AI Taskforce, Bitange Ndemo, and the chairman, Blockchain Association of Uganda, Kwame Rugunda, who will both be present.
Here is a list of the speakers expected to attend and offer training at the event:
- Bitange Ndemo – Chairman, Kenya Blockchain & AI Taskforce
- Kwame Rugunda – Chairman, Blockchain Association of Uganda
- Aileen Schultz – Founder, Global Legal Hackathon & The World Legal Summit
- Chris Kakoba – Co-founder, Bithub Africa
- Breitner Nyantika – Strategy Office, Capital Markets Authority, Kenya
- John Matogo – University Relations Leader, East Africa, IBM
- Sereu Moinkett – Member, Taskforce on Electronic Land Transactions
- David Kimolo – Blockchain Developer, TechnoBrain & Future Tech Academy
- Maria Mbeneka – Convener, LSK ICT/IP Committee
According to Lawyers Hub Kenya, the event organizer:
“Blockchain is the next step in legal innovation and is quickly being adopted by legal practitioners around the world. Blockchain promises to change legal practice as we know it. A Generational shift in the delivery of legal services has commenced, with emerging opportunities for technologically literate lawyers.”
Below are the event details:
DATE: 02 May 2019
TIME: 0800HRS – 16:30HRS
LOCATION: Lawyers Hub, ACK Garden Hse, 1st Ngong Avenue, UpperHill
REGISTRATION: PayBill: 336885, ACCOUNT NUMBER: Blockchain, AMOUNT: Kshs. 6,000 ($60)
RSVP: 0784 840 228
REGISTRATION LINK: http://bit.ly/BlockchainLawyersTraining2019