The Blockchain Association of Kenya has elected a new board for its next 2-year strategic plan. Roselyne Gicira was elected by a unanimous vote as chairperson, alongside 2 other officials and 2 board members as per the constitution.
The election took place at the Annual General Meeting held on Saturday 22nd at the Marble Arch Hotel, Nairobi Kenya. The Blockchain Association of Kenya, registered in October 2017 under the Societies Act Cap 12 Laws of Kenya, certificate number 49963, was formed as a response to a void of a network of people lobbying for blockchain technology in Kenya and East Africa.
Roselyne brings a wealth of expertise in matters of policy relations, having worked at the UN and also engaged in developing Kenya’s ICT policy while working at the UN. She also heads the Kenyan Women in Blockchain chapter.
She will now take over as chairperson to execute the association’s 2-year strategic plan which will include:
1. A new constitution
2. Constitute a strategic Advisory board
3. Restructure the association’s governance structure
4. Key stakeholders engagement across Kenya and East Africa
5. Membership recruitment drive
7. Setting up task specific blockchain committees
8. Drafting a virtual currencies bill
9. Education and training across all levels from students to policy makers
10. Publish a key annual report for Kenya and the region
11. A flagship Blockchain Summit for Kenya
Speaking to BitcoinKE, Roselyne said:
“I am greatly honored to step into the role of Chairperson of the blockchain association of Kenya. I greatly appreciate all that the former Chairperson accomplished in successfully setting up the Association and I am excited to move this process forward in strengthening its mandate.”
Former Chairperson, Michael Kimani, said the first 18 months of getting the association off the ground was focused on community building, and growth hacking brand, operations and partnerships.
“Now it is time for new leadership, to take the association to the next level. Roselyn is a great fit for the role and I’m excited to support her in the coming months.” Said Kimani.
Roselyn will be supported by:
- The Secretary General – Michael Kimani
- Treasurer – Pharis Muchemi
- Board Members – Gail Odongo & Djibril Wachiye