Binance, the leading cryptocurrency exchange in the world by volume, is looking to hire a locally-based compliance officer / MLRO in Africa.
Binance is looking to hire an African-based Compliance Officer/ MLRO who would ideally have already been approved by the regulators or has the qualities and qualifications to be approved for this role.
According to the job post, this person will work alongside the company’s global Legal and Compliance teams to ensure Binance has a strong regulatory framework from both the fiat and crypto sides of the business covering Binance in the African continent.
- Developing and implementing an effective AML compliance program;
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with the provisions of the AML Regulations, upcoming Virtual Currency Policy and any other applicable rules and regulations in fulfilling his/her duties as the Compliance Officer/ MLRO;
- Holding the post of MLRO of the company, performing STR/SAR filing and various other regulatory reporting;
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all compliance policies and manuals as needed, including Anti-Money Laundering regulations, local regulator requirements and issues, and to notify company of any regulatory changes;
- Responsible for monitoring the day-to-day operation of AML/CFT policies, and respond promptly to any reasonable request for information made by the regulators or law enforcement bodies;
- Responsible for all the AML reporting requirements and to operate within the required standards of the SARs and for Annual Compliance Reporting;
- Responsible for ensuring that adequate arrangements are in place for high-standard AML/CFT awareness and training for employees;
- Ensuring that all company activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws;
- Acting as a central point of contact for all information on compliance-related issues (e.g. breach of regulation, non-respect of procedures, conflict of interest);
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses, and creating sound internal controls to monitor adherence to same;
- Performing other assignments as the Managing Directors and the Board of Directors may direct.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law/Compliance or a related field from an accredited institution (possessing ACAMS/ICA Diploma is an advantage);
- Proven experience and knowledge in Anti-Money Laundering regulations, local regulations;
- Proven industry experience in the fin-tech or banking sector;
- 5+ years in a senior legal and managerial role; international management experience a strong plus;
- Strong knowledge of European AML legislation, virtual currency regulations, data protection and other relevant regulation;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, global organization maintaining close contact with relevant teams across multiple locations;
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to provide useful and efficient counsel;
- Excellent communication, negotiation & management skills.
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organisation
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
FREE CRYPTO TRADING CLASS
Join us for a free crypto margin trading class on November 30th, 2019, Nairobi, Kenya. Get to learn how to open a crypto trading account, analyze charts, and manage Bitcoin trades