The candidate will be based out of Facebook office in London or Johannesburg with 25-50% travel.
Below are the responsibilities of the role:
- Identify and analyze policy risks and opportunities, trends, and issues in order to plan, analyze, and respond strategically to related legislative and regulatory initiatives and communicate the same effectively to teams across Facebook. The candidate will work to shape policy in Africa
- Provide feedback on Facebook’s potential impact of its policies, products, and features to ensure policy issues are considered appropriately in development. Work with policymakers, thought leaders, advocates, and civil society in Africa to assist with landing of the same
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and deepening of relationships with academic stakeholders, NGOs, and other stakeholders in order to cultivate expert resources and third-party engagement needed by teams at Facebook on public policy, programs, and communications among others
- Present and communicate as needed Facebook’s efforts in the space at select major events and related meetings with policy stakeholders
- Work closely with Facebook’s Africa Public Policy to ensure blockchain technologies and digital payments play a role in improving socio-economic development across Africa
The preferred candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Public Policy Law, Economics or related degree
- 5+ years in public policy experience
- 3+ years of financial services regulatory experience
- 2+ years of blockchain-related policy experience
- International policy experience
- Experience in technology-related policy issues
- Fluent in an African language such as Swahili, Hausa, Pidgin, Wolof or Xhosa
- Analytical, problem-solving, cross-functional and project management experience
You can apply for the above position using this link.
Sign Up for our upcoming meetup feat crypto exchange, OKEX, on September 21st, 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya.
Like our content? Please support our work by tipping us.