The Black Blockchain Summit 2020, an yearly conference organized by Kenyan-based Bithub Africa, is set to happen virtually with some of the biggest minds in the crypto and blockchain space speaking.
The theme for this year is ‘Blockchain Essentials for Life: Global Black Survival’ which will look at the disruptive nature of this technology and how it addresses the challenges affecting Black communities around the world.
The conference, powered by Bithub Africa, a Kenyan-based blockchain development studio and company building solutions for the African market, will also feature nine speakers from the African blockchain and crypto space.
Among the leading and prominent speakers at the conference include:
- Andreas Antonopoulos – A best-selling author, speaker, educator, and highly sought after expert in Bitcoin and open blockchain technologies with repeated guest appearances on The Joe Rogan Experience and London Real
- Tone Vays – A popular sought-after speaker, crypto figure, and influencer, and former VP at JP Morgan Chase
- Cameron Winklevoss – President and Co-Founder of Gemini Exchange
- Max Keiser – A popular crypto investor and publisher of The Keiser Report
The conference will feature nine speakers from Africa. These include:
- John Karanja – CEO and Co-Founder at Bithub Africa and Melanin Ventures
- Alakanani Itireleng – Founder of the Satoshi Center blockchain hub in Botswana and one of the leading and early pioneers of blockchain in Africa
- Nhial Majok – Founder of Pesabase, a disruptive blockchain-based remittance service in Africa
- Olaoluwa Osuntokun ‘Roas Beef’ – Co-founder and CTO of Lightning Labs
- Tumelo Ramaphosa – Founder of Unlockchain Blockchain Africa and son of the current President of South Africa
- Alex Wafula – DevOps and Systems Engineer at BillMari
- Simon Mugo – Programming blockchain engineer and lead at Melanin Solar
- Tongayi Choto – Co-founder & lead software developer at AfriBlocks, a Pan-African marketplace for African freelancers
- Roselyne Wanjiru – Director of Growth and User Acquisitions at Pesabase, a premier payments and remittance solutions provider in Africa
Some of the interesting sessions to look out for include:
- The Bitcoin Hyperwave! with Tone Vays, Pesabase and Satoshi Center (Day 2, 6.05pm – 6.45am, EAT)
- BARAZA : Building On Lightning and Next Levels with Lightning Labs and Bithub Africa (Day 2, 7.35pm – 8.15pm, EAT)
- Fireside: Enabling Voice Commerce on the Blockchain with Howard University (Day 2, 8.40pm – 9.20pm, EAT)
- KEYNOTE : Black Wealth Matters! with Veritaseum and Bithub Africa (Day 2, 9.25pm – 10.05pm, EAT)
Below are the conference details:
- DATES: September 12-13, 2020
- TIME: Day 1 (3.00pm – 11.00pm, EAT) / Day 2 (4.45pm – 11.35pm, EAT)
- REGISTRATION LINK: http://bit.ly/BlackBlockchainSummit2020
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Open a Paxful Bitcoin Trading Account today!