Binance, the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchange by volume, is looking to train up to 1, 000 African developers with the right tools skills to build their first DApps on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) network, all within the first quarter of 2021.
The first session, dubbed Binance MasterClass – Developers’ Edition on ‘Careers in Blockchain Technology” will begin on January 31, 2021 and will see Binance CEO, ChangPeng Zhao, introduce the program.
The January 31, 2021 masterclass session is aimed at increasing product awareness for blockchain development within Africa using BSC. The attendees will:
- Acquire high-income development skills
- Learn blockchain development with Binance for FREE
- Receive a Certificate of Participation issued on the Binance Smart Chain (after completing the 8-week course)
There will be a $1, 000 crypto giveaway for attendees.
Over the next 8 weeks, developers will get to learn and interact with the Binance Smart Chain and Binance Africa teams under the theme, ‘Rebuilding Financial Systems on Blockchain.’
Attendees will get exposed to a mltitude of career options in the crypto and blockchain space beyond crypto trading.
Some of the program trainers will include:
Check out the 8-week program below as shared by Binance:
Rebuilding Financial Systems on Blockchain:
[WEEK 1] Blockchain: Technology, Innovation, and Thinking
- A brief conception of blockchain
- History with blockchain(whitepaper \1 .0 2.0)
- Possible future of blockchain
[WEEK 2] Financial Service and Cryptocurrency On Blockchain
[WEEK 3] Dapp Development with ChainIDE
- Make an introduction about Chainide, about the feature and function
- Bring engineers go through with the whole process of compile\deploy\interaction
[WEEK 4] How Solidity Works in a Smart Contract
- Make an introduction of smart contracts and talk about the internal connection with blockchain
- Introduce the smart contract programming language – solidity (ie.. Solidity grammar / function / .sol file structure / memory storage)
[WEEK 5] What is DeFi? Make One Yourself
- Make a definition of DeFi. How is it different from traditional finance? Are there any advantages?
- Take a few look at DeFi projects, like Uniswap / AAVE / YFI etc.
- What will we build? A system includes staking and reward
[WEEK 6] Let’s Follow DeFi To Go Further
- How to use another contract in the smart contract
- The implementation of staking and rewarding
- What else can we do? (lending / aggregator)
[WEEK 7] Interact with Smart Contracts by Yourself, from Start to Finish
- Display an example about how to build a simple website that can react with deployed smart contracts
[WEEK 8] DeFi Case Study / Inside Out. Panel: How to Build a Successful DeFi Project
[WEEK 9, Optional] Invited Speakers: Frontier Blockchain Technology Outlook
[DEMO SHOW]: Pick 5 Best Projects from MasterClas Students for a Demo
- Every team has 15 minutes to present their idea
The first class is scheduled on January 31, 2021 at the following times:
- West African Time – 4.00 PM WAT
- South African Time – 5.00 PM SAST
- East African Time – 6.00 PM EAT
Register for the class here: http://bit.ly/BinanceMasterclassForDevelopers
The first 1, 000 will attend the class on Zoom while the rest will only have access via YouTube.
About Binance Smart Chain
Binance Smart Chain is a blockchain platform developed by Binance and its community. It is a sovereign smart contract blockchain delivering Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatible programmability. Designed to run in parallel with Binance Chain,
Binance Smart Chain retains the former’s fast execution times and low transaction fees while adding Smart Contracts functionality to support compatible DApps.
For more information on Binance Smart Chain, visit
RECOMMENDED READING: A Chat with CZ – Africa is Strategic and a Long Play for Us, Says Binance CEO
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video:
Start trading bitcoin today from as low as $10.
Open a Binance Bitcoin Trading Account to get started!